I can’t even begin to explain how Kiss Full Set nails have helped me save money. I absolutely ALWAYS have to have my nails done every month (with a refill about every 2 weeks) but the trips to the salons cost me a minimum of $40 each visit for a full set.
This post may contain affiliate links.
If I want gel acrylic, which I usually do, that’s an extra $10. Gel polish? That’s $5 more. I love my shapes, that’s another $5 (sometimes even $10 depending on location!). Let’s through some designs or some bling on there, another $5 out my pocket. I don’t feel right not tipping , so let’s throw in another $5. At this point I don’t even want to go for a pedicure because I racked up at least $65 so far.
If you want to know how I saved $780 in 1 year on switching over to Kiss Full Set nails, keep reading!
All the pictures above are done with Kiss Full Set nails. Can you even tell the difference?
The best thing I love about these nails are that they only cost 6 bucks at Wal-Mart! I don’t know about you, but if I can get the same results doing my nails myself versus getting them done at the salon for a $59 difference, I’ll take that! Kiss Full Set nails come with a pack of 100 nails with different sizes to match each of your fingers. Most of these packs also come with nail glue. You do have to purchase your own nail filer but, even those costs less than $1 if you aren’t too fancy.
The price for going the cheap route?
Ok, so of course their are some cons that I personally experienced when using these nails.
- First of all, they are not going to last as long as acrylic nails. However, if they pop off all you have to do is glue it back on.
- Maintenance for these nails are a little high. They are not as strong as acrylic so don’t go popping any soda cans with these on!
- Time is essential. When you are doing these yourself it takes a while to find your size, glue them on, file them down and paint them
Tips and Tricks
If you want to save some money and do this yourself, here are some tips for a smooth transition into doing your own nails.
- File your real nail tips down. This actually causes the nails to last longer.
- Don’t go over board on the glue, more glue does not mean more hold. Use literally 3 drops going down your nail in a vertical motion then apply the fake nail (two drops for your pinkies). The more glue, the less use you get out of your nails.
- To avoid nail glue drying on top of the applicator tip where the nail glue comes out, don’t press the applicator tip on to the nail. Squeeze the bottle above the nail for the drops to come out. Pressing it to the nail creates a thin glue barrier on the applicator tip which eventually end of drying and less glue will come out with use.
- For a mess free painting, apply Vaseline around your nail bed with a cotton swab. Any polish that leaks out on to the Vaseline will wipe away easily
- Having problems painting your nails using the opposite hand? Paint the nails before you apply! Take some tape and fold it over itself (create a loop) so that all sticky sides are up. Place one side of the tape on to the back of the nail and with the other side up, use a cotton swab and attach it to the tape. You have a hand held nail holder…paint away!!
- Getting low on the nails that you need for a certain finger? Just file the bigger nails to fit the finger of your choice. I can’t tell you how many times I had to take thumb nails and file them to fit my middle finger! Get the most use out of all the nails in the pack!
Kiss Nails Acrylic Set
The next extension of this brand I am going to try is the Kiss Nails acrylic set. It comes with the actual powder and all that jazz. It’s a little more pricey, I think around $18 but it’s still a money saver, and it’s actual acrylic! Plus, these should last longer than the ones I use now. I am always down for a new DIY nail project. If you guys tried the acrylic nail set yet let me know in the comments below how you liked it!
I hope you girls found some or all of this information helpful. Living on a low income shouldn’t deter you from pampering yourself. If you want to physically see how I apply my nails, shape them in different shapes and paint them, let me know and I will do a video for you! If you decide to use these nails, I want to see your results! Tweet a picture to me or tag me on Instagram!