Paris, France! The city of Love! Join me on my adventure to Paris as I share with you what I did in my 2 days of adventure in this lovely city. Make sure to check out my video diary of Paris here, it’s apart of my Wanderlust series!
Hello lovely and yes! It is time for another travel blog post. If you are new to my blog, hello! Make sure to keep up with all my adventures by subscribing to my email list! You will never miss any post! Make sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter for behind the scenes sneak peek of up and coming blog posts! I can’t wait to show you what I got up to in Paris, France! Keep on reading…
The 2 days I spent in Paris, France was definitely not enough time to see everything but I seen everything I set out to conquer in those 2 days. I made my trip to Paris, through the Thylas train, from Amsterdam. The train ride took 3 and a half hours. As soon as my friend and I arrived in Paris, we were instantly lost! Lowkey…I enjoyed being…lost
Besides the point of being lost, many of the French people we encountered were not helpful. Honestly, if it wasn’t for the beauty of Paris, I probably wouldn’t visit again because 94% of the people we encountered were so rude! But don’t let that stop you from seeing this beautiful city! Also before I get into this post, my friend and I saved a lot of money buying the Paris Pass! It seems pricey at first but saved us daily on transportation, museum passes, river cruises and discounts on food places! Here’s what we got up to!
Where to stay in Paris,France
For keeping an eye on our budgets, we decided to go with a Hostel in Paris that only costed us 50$ a night ($25 each!). We stayed in Hotel De L’europe and it was so quaint and cute! The view from our window was amazing to wake up to every morning!
Finding this Hostel was the easy part. However, finding what arrondissement to stay in was hard. We ended up staying in the 10th arrondissement (Parisian neighborhoods, there are 20 in total). I loved it! It is very urban, I will say, but that’s what I loved about that part of Paris! Transportation was so easy around this area and we were literally a 10 minute (straight) walk from Gare Du Nord (train station) and many metro stops and subways.
Where to Eat in Paris
Where is there not to eat in Paris?! Honestly there are so many options for food. Food choices for us depended on what arrondissement we were currently in. We googled searched restaurants by that. One of my favorite breakfast places was a 10 minute walk from our hostel called Holy Belly.
I love Sushi! If you are in the 10th arrondissement and you are in the mood for Sushi, check out a place called Sanukiya. Warning, they don’t speak much English at this restaurant. We did a lot of pointing towards pictures lol
I also enjoyed basic food like a nutella crepe near the Eiffel Tower as well as some ice cream from a shop on Champs Elysee. If you are feeling a little fancy, like we were, check out a restaurant called Cafe du Trocadero. This is near the Arc de Triomphe and it honestly wasn’t that expensive and it was worth it. Once again, see what my friend I got to eat in my Paris travel diary here
What to do in Paris
Now this is totally up to you and what you are interested in of course. I will offer suggestions though!
- The Eiffel Tower is a must see. I wouldn’t waste your money going up it because you can get amazing views of Paris in numerous places.
- One of those places is the Arc De Triomphe. The stairs to the top will kill you if you are out of shape haha but the view is so worth it.
- I loved the Louvre! History is so exciting to me so I had to take a stop in here.
- I also loved the Paris aquarium. It was literally empty with no tourists. I have no idea why, it was stunning!
- Through a river cruise (take a river cruise!) we got to see an amazing view of Notre Dame. Never made it inside but just to see it was good enough for me!
- Visit Trocadero! Here you can get the best pictures with the Eiffel Tower in the background
- Do some shopping on Champs Elysee…just don’t spend too much money, it’s tempting!
Night Life in Paris
(these photos pictured above are not mines)
I had even more fun in Paris night life. Just the lights at night were gorgeous! I have to recommend two night life choices!
- The little red door– this is voted the World’s Top 50 Bars! Warning, the drinks are pricey but you are paying for the experience. The experience is a secret and the location is tricky to find if you don’t pay attention. I want to leave this place as a surprise but you can google it for more info 🙂
- Hookah- I love Hookah and I made it a thing to try hookah in every country I have visited so far. Alchimie in Paris (I believe in the 8th arrondissement) had the best shisha I ever had thus far! It’s small inside but very cozy and the alcoholic drinks were so good!
This was an unforgettable 2 days in Paris. It was freezing when we went and as far as coffee goes, don’t expect to find vanilla syrup and half and half just lying around lol. I wish I could share every detail about Paris but it will take forever! If you have any questions about my trip or your are curious about anything in Paris, let me know in the comments down below. I will try to help you out as much as possible! Until next time…
Happily ever poor,
*this is not a sponsored post and all opinions are my own. This post does contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclaimer Page here.